Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rue Montorgeuil

 We stayed on beautiful, pedestrian Rue Montorgueil on our recent trip to Paris. After I read this recommendation, I knew that's where I wanted to stay. We rented an apartment that cheap (70 Euros a night!) and full of character.
We ate most meals here due to both the fantastic food and people watching. There weren't a lot of tourists and the servers were all very gracious with our limited French.
We collapsed at an outdoor table one day after the Louvre and ordered a couple of beers. Sometimes, when you go out on a limb, you can pink beer. Although, another night at the same cafe, I ate one of my favourite meals of our trip - a delicious bowl of herbed white beans with a giant "leg" of lamb.
Overall, I loved this neighbourhood and will definitely stay there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment