Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rosewall Creek

Last weekend, I got to take one of my friends on my favourite hike on Vancouver Island. You park in Rosewall Creek Provincial Park and walk under both the "Old Highway" and the "New Highway." Then, you follow the creek for 45 minutes to a spectacular waterfall.
And of course, you have to stop at Qualicum Foods for sandwiches for the trip. (I worked there in the late 90s right after high school. I can still remember produce codes. Bananas, 4011. Green peppers, 4065. I could go on.)

5 comments:

  1. oh so pretty! i love nature hikes, i would have loved this. you'll take me too?! OK!

    xoxo
    sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place!! Thank you for the kind comment! It is much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so beautiful! Love that second photo. And the produce codes bit cracked me up, isn't it funny how some things we never forget?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty place...I adore walks in a nature!! Ahhh...so stunning:)
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment...Glad you stopped by:)
    Cant wait to read more of your posts:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous! I am in serious need of some nature.

    ReplyDelete